Top 7 Reasons Your Business Needs To Get Serious About Social Media
Some small business owners and managers are very serious about their company’s official website, especially if it also functions as a retail platform. But perhaps you may also want to get serious about social media as a means to boost your business as well.
Here are the top reasons why:
1. Nearly 7 out of 10 adults in the US (or 69% to be more precise), use some form of social media in 2018. To give you an idea of how ubiquitous social media has become, in 2005 only 5% used social media! So if potential customers are interacting on social media, then perhaps your company should have a presence there as well.
2. Facebook is among the most popular social media platforms, and almost 3 out of 4 of Facebook users (74%) go to the site every day. Half of them go to the site multiple times a day. This is why your business should really be in Facebook too.
3. On social media, you can select the specific type of people you want to interact with. You can filter them according to factors such as:
- Their level of education
- Their location (and you can even specific locations physically near your shop or place of business)
- Interests, such as the TV shows they like to watch or the hobbies they indulge in
- Purchasing tendencies
- Types of devices they use
As you can see, you can be very specific about the people you engage with when you log on to social media. In fact, on Facebook you can even find “lookalike audiences” that search for users who are similar to those who make up your core audience.
4. Here in social media, you can put up posts that will interest your audience enough that they will send in comments, which lets your business engage with them on a deeper level. Some may even share your posts with their own network of friends.
5. You can at the very least be more known to more people, and you can forge a deeper bond with the people who already know of your brand.
6 .You can share stories of how you started business, and reveal the aims that you and your company strive for.
7. Your audience will be very interested in news about upcoming discounts, new products, and new services. Perhaps you’re running a coffee shop, and you’re trying out new coffee beans. Maybe you can ask for comments on what coffee machine to use for your deli. Maybe you can even explain why plumbing can cost so much.
Social media posts aren’t like the ads you place on newspapers and the commercials that run on TV shows. With social media, you’re talking to potential customers directly—and they can finally understand that your company is run by nice people like you!
Be serious about social media marketing, and eventually you can seriously boost your brand image and eventually your profits as well.